The Arc of Loudoun on the Paxton Campus is seeking a dynamic Director of Development to lead efforts to research, identify, cultivate, and steward relationships leading to investment in the organization. The Director of Development will work collaboratively with the Executive Director, other members of the leadership team, the Board of Directors and program staff to raise The Arc of Loudoun’s visibility in the community and to expand our fundraising capacity. The successful candidate is a seasoned Development professional with strong fundraising skills and demonstrated experience in building long-term and strategic relationships. The Director will lead the organization in achieving fundraising goals that reflect and support an aggressive strategic growth initiative, and will report directly to the Executive Director.
The ideal Director of Development candidate has a proven record of creating and directing powerful fundraising and communication strategies that increase support from individuals, corporations, foundations, and other sources in the local community.
The Arc of Loudoun, is a full-service organization with multiple programs and services that together provide an integrated and innovative environment for individuals with disabilities, from childhood through adulthood. With an annual operating budget of approximately $4 million, and a consistently positive balance, we strive to serve the county’s 12,000+ residents with disabilities. In order to ensure that rapidly growing service demands are met for people with disabilities, The Arc is seeking a leader to significantly increase and diversify revenue streams and provide the leadership to secure increased overall philanthropic support
This is an exciting time to join The Arc of Loudoun, as we are well-poised to take philanthropy to a higher level!
- Build on and implement new processes to execute a comprehensive and fully integrated development program with a focus on increasing sustainable giving, major gifts, and corporate support;
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors
- Provide leadership required for annual, capital and membership giving campaigns
- Manage a portfolio of top donors and prospects
- Develop and execute measurable strategies to grow the donor pipeline
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Build the planned giving program
- Train and lead other staff to support fundraising and marketing efforts
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities
- Create and maintain a gift recognition program
- Lead special events that involve fundraising
- A demonstrated track record of securing major gifts and deferred gifts from donors;
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills with the ability to develop donor briefings and communicate with diverse personalities in a tactful, professional and positive manner;
- Utilizes a strategic approach to fundraising and possesses a strong knowledge of fundraising best practices and of current, and emerging technology fundraising applications and communications;
- Proven ability to think critically, achieve results, manage multiple tasks, adhere to deadlines and work well under pressure both independently and as part of a team;
- Innovative and entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to think beyond the traditional; strong ethical/moral compass
- Leverages internet and social media for fundraising and outreach techniques;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to communicate;
- Solution oriented approach to challenges and the ability to work well under pressure, manage multiple projects and deadlines;
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred; 5+ years of experience in fundraising; education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.