The Senior Development Manager position is a wonderful opportunity for a driven, experienced, and talented fundraising professional. This position is responsible for the management and financial growth for Capital Chapter’s Peer-to-Peer fundraising efforts, including the DC and Northern Virginia One Walks and The Ride to Cure Diabetes program.
The Senior Development Manager will manage expenses, event logistics and will be responsible for over $1.2 million in revenue. He/she will be a relationship manager for donors and volunteers, including the chapter’s ride team and walk families, as well as corporate entities. They will be responsible for developing volunteer leadership structures within each of their programs. A solid background in corporate development is essential as is a thorough understanding of the JDRF mission. This position requires a strong, collaborative leader who is results-oriented.
Other responsibilities include: • Lead staff member for One Walk & Ride to Cure Diabetes signature fundraising programs; In a matrix style environment, this position leads both staff and volunteer leaders in executing and planning these programs. Ensures that revenue goals are met and event expenses remain within budget • Leads on sponsorship pipeline development, solicitation and procurement • Identifies, qualifies, cultivates, solicits and then stewards sponsors, supporters and event participants • Develops One Walk & Ride operational plans that includes budget, team development, corporate development, volunteer development and logistics • Develops and manages high-level volunteer committee strategies that drive fundraising and event logistic execution efficiency, while also delivering meaningful volunteer engagement • Directly supervises a Development Coordinator • Working within JDRF’s volunteer-staff partnership environment, the Senior Development Manager will support and maintain an understanding of JDRF’s mission and research strategy • Collaborate with an outstanding team of chapter staff as well as national/regional staff teams to ensure the Chapter’s growth and success, discuss best practices, and share new ideas • Grow Chapter’s revenue through increased corporate, individual, and volunteer cultivation and stewardship • Identify and develop win-win sponsorship opportunities that focus on retention and growth • Analyze and manage all One Walk and Ride program expenses and revenue streams including; provide accurate forecasts and participate in the budgeting process • Ensure the confidentiality and security of proprietary information • Establish a network through which he/she represents the organization in professional societies/organizations • Perform other duties as assigned by his/her immediate supervisor
• Bachelor’s degree required; CFRE a plus
2+ years supervisory experience
• 5 + years of relevant fundraising/business experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experienced with staff and volunteer management, including committee development and succession planning
• Demonstrated experience with fundraising and event management including budgeting and forecasting
• Understanding and working knowledge of donor-centered philanthropy within the Washington, DC landscape
• Team player that has the ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers; high capacity to assess the value, importance, and/or quality of activities and people
• Works well within a matrix structure where more than one individual is providing guidance, feedback, counsel and support
• Understanding of computer systems and databases; strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Proven ability to effectively multi-task, establish priorities, and work in a fast paced environment meeting deadlines under pressure
• Excellent written, oral, and communication skills; ability for presentation delivery, conveying ideas, and instructing effectively
• Superior active listening, observation, analytical, and problem recognition and solving skills
• Ability to work independently and take initiative; well-disciplined and a self-starter that is extremely resourceful
• Ability to travel locally required; occasional overnight, evening, and weekend work required
If you’d like to join our team, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to JDRF by clicking the job URL http://smrtr.io/MvC9
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.jdrf.org.