The National Park Foundation is currently recruiting for an Annual Giving Coordinator. This person will assist the Director, Annual Giving as an administrative resource in completing activities related to mid-level fundraising ($1,000-$24,999) This includes assisting with appeals; donor cultivation and stewardship; general correspondence and communications preparation and mailings; donor database record maintenance, queries, and reporting; and responding to routine donor questions and requests via both phone and email.
WORKING AT NPF
In 1872 America did something unprecedented; it set aside more than one million acres of wilderness for the benefit and enjoyment of the people. For more than 100 years, citizen involvement and private philanthropy have helped to improve, preserve and protect America’s national parks. Since it was established by Congress in 1967, NPF has sustained this legacy of private philanthropy. As the official nonprofit partner of the National Park Service, the National Park Foundation generates private support and builds strategic partnerships to protect and enhance America’s national parks for present and future generations. We are a small organization with a big mandate. Learn more about us at www.nationalparks.org.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
· Working with the Director, Annual Giving, to assist in the creation of Stewardship Circle collateral and content (such as solicitation and cultivation letters), including working with other teams to craft effective materials for audience engagement, conversion, and stewardship.
· Act as initial contact and NPF liaison for donor inquiries via responding to incoming calls and emails. Assist donor and/or pass along to appropriate NPF contact and follow up as needed to ensure donor satisfaction.
· Complete donor database (Raiser’s Edge) record updating to reflect donor transactions such as: address or other personal information updating; acknowledgement, thank-you and other personalized donor correspondence; donor information request fulfillment; and all mailed appeals and cultivations.
· Maintain stewardship contact with mid-level donors; adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate empathetic disposition, and perseverance; reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to donor needs.
· Works closely with colleagues in Planned and Annual Giving, Major Gifts, Strategic Services and other departments to share information regarding upcoming appeals, stewardship communications and new initiatives.
· Collaborate with other members of the team on ad hoc, periodic, and routine projects to support the overall strategic efforts of the philanthropy team
· Select specified donor/prospect lists from donor database via queries and exports for mailings and other donor communications.
· Generate and/or update standard program reports from database and/or Excel.
· Complete other duties as assigned.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
· Proven ability to work well under pressure, prioritize and manage multiple projects, and meet associated deadlines.
· Self-motivated and proactive, with demonstrated ability to be flexible, work independently, collaborate with others as needed, make sound decisions, and exercise good judgment and professionalism always.
· Strong communication and editing skills with attention to detail; proven capabilities to draft correspondence, reports, and other written communications.
· Competent user of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Experience using donor databases and familiarity with database concepts, with preferred competence in Raiser’s Edge.
· A minimum of two years of experience in administrative support work with increasing responsibilities.
· Minimum Bachelor’s Degree required.
Preferred education and experience:
· Experience and/or education in fundraising, marketing, public relations, communications, or related area.
About National Park Foundation
The National Park Foundation, in partnership with the National Park Service, enriches America’s national parks and programs through private support, safeguarding our heritage and inspiring generations of national park enthusiasts. In 1872 America did something unprecedented; it set aside more than one million acres of wilderness for the benefit and enjoyment of the people. For more than 100 years, citizen involvement and private philanthropy have helped to improve, preserve and protect America’s national parks. Since it was established by Congress in 1967, NPF has sustained this legacy of private philanthropy. We are a small organization with a big mandate. Learn more about us at www.nationalparks.org.