Arts/Cultural/Humanities, Community, Social Services, Nonprofit
4 Year Degree
Explore! Children’s Museum is seeking a full time Director of Development to lead the museum’s capital campaign fundraising efforts. The candidate will assist with the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of corporate, foundation, public, and community donors. They must be innovative, organized, and passionate about Explore’s mission – To inspire children to be curious thinkers, creators, communicators, and collaborators. As a part of museum start-up, the Director of Development will excel in building the Development team, collaborating with other staff members, board members, and community leaders.
• Five or more years of successful experience fundraising in the museum field, culture sector, nonprofit world, or within a complex organization;
•Experience leading and managing a capital campaign;
• Organized and articulate individual who is passionate about Explore! Children’s Museum’s mission to promote education through play;
• Excellent written and oral communication abilities;
• Innovative thinker with a positive attitude and creative problem-solving skills;
• Familiar with donor database software and with utilizing technology to maximize efficient fund development;
•To apply, send a cover letter outlining relevant experience, your resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants who do not provide all three will not be considered.
Additional Salary Information: Explore! Children's Museum offers a generous benefit package.
Internal Number: 002
About Explore! Children's Museum
Explore! is an emerging children's museum that will serve the entire DMV area. Our museum is part of a community redevelopment project in the Fort Totten area. We are projected to open in the next three years as the museum launches and completes our capital campaign.